On behalf of the organizing committee, we are honoured to announce the
Debrecen Colloquium on Carbohydrates 2015
András Lipták Memorial Conference
which will be held on
November 6-8, 2015, in Debrecen, Hungary.
The well-known carbohydrate chemist, András Lipták would be 80 years old this year. Professor Lipták, besides being an outstanding member of the Debrecen Carbohydrate School, was rector of the University of Debrecen, headed the Department of Biochemisrty for almost two decades, and served the Hungarian and international scientific communities in several different positions.
The conference will cover all aspects of modern basic and applied glycoscience centered around the main research fields of A. Lipták.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Debrecen.
László Somsák, University of Debrecen
Anikó Borbás, University of Debrecen
The following eminent glycoscientists have agreed to participate in DEBCARB 2015:
- Ulf Ellervik, Lund University, Sweden
- Jacquelyn Gervay-Hague, University of California at Davis, USA
- Narayanaswamy Jayaraman, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
- Johannis P. Kamerling, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- Paul Kosma, Universität für Bodenkultur, Vienna, Austria
- Frieder W. Lichtenthaler, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
- Thisbe K. Lindhorst, Christiana Albertina University of Kiel, Germany
- José Cristobal López, CSIC, Instituto de Química Orgánica General, Madrid, Spain
- Gijs van der Marel, Universiteit Leiden, The Netherlands
- Jean-Pierre Praly, Université Claude Bernard Lyon I, France
- Stefan Oscarson, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Amélia Rauter, Universidade de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
- Lajos Szente, Cyclolab, Budapest, Hungary
- Joachim Thiem, Universität Hamburg, Germany
- Igor Tvaroska, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Johannes F.G. Vliegenthart, Universiteit Utrecht,The Netherlands
- Synthetic Carbohydrate Chemistry
- Carbohydrate Protein Interactions